Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Mane Point

This has to be a cliched post. The before and after of a hair-cut. For a girl, that is, obviously.

Now, I am one of those kind of people who have forever wanted long hair. So I try nourishing it, nurturing it and finally bringing the length down a few inches below my shoulder line. This feat takes a year (some slow growth I say!). And by then, it is summer.

Now the problem with summer is, it one season when my hair decides to have a mind of its own. Therefore, heavily damaged hair is what I end up with by mid-summer. And then comes my pilgrimage to the Salon. The stylist tells me how damaged my hair is (yes I know!), asks me what hair products I use (the most embarrassing  question for some odd reason) and tells me he/she'd chop off my damaged hair (yay!). I get all enthusiastic and give the thumbs up for Short Hair.

A few hours later, I stare stupidly at myself in the mirror.
Oh yes, I've done the same old familiar mistake again. And that is why I never will have long hair. Period.

2 comments:

  1. i totally understand darling..:(:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the sympathy.. What if I don't have long hair. I got you ;)

      Delete